Friday, October 24, 2008

Amazing Quiet

Right now I'm sitting at the kitchen table (my office), and the house is entirely quiet. My husband went fishing and his daughter is at work. So what's a girl to do when she's home all by herself on a Friday night?

Well... I took my medicine, for my double ear infection, sinusitis, and nexium, and my cold. I also had a little party and ate a little too much, but no worries. I've been working out all through this cold, and today I just felt like having some things I don't normally have during the week.

It seems to me like this is a never ending thing, but I think I am coming to a point where, I know what I need to do in order to eat the way I want to once in a while. This solution is fitting me fine right now. And so are my clothes. LOL.

I'm working on some papers for school, and pretty much will be for the remainder of this weekend. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right call going into education. I mean when I first decided it was because I really didn't know what else was out there, now I see there is a wealth of possibilities. I'm the sort of person that sees the positive in what I can do, but I never really apply myself to my full potential. I mean if I did, I'd probably be able to accomplish some great stuff.
I think I'm afraid.


Being a student means I have an excuse not to work (if I really don't want to), but it also means I don't have to grow up fully. I mean I'm 28 years old, but I am terrified to be a responsible adult. I feel like admitting I am an adult will mean that I am admitting I don't need my mom anymore, and in some way that means she won't be there.

She's getting ready to retire, and that scares me because when I think of retirement I think of people getting old, I don't want my mom to get old, I'm not ready to face the world without her yet. And I don't think I ever will be.

Enough of that!

So this week has pretty much been a standard stressful week, school, home, Tyson having problems with insurance because some kid on a skateboard coming down a hill and going througha stop sign hit the back of his car and ended up in the hospital, and now his parents want to sue. I mean, how is this even possible?!?!?

The kid which is 17, was racing down a hill on a side street with 4 of his friends and he went through the stop sign, and hit the rear passenger side tire of our car, I have no clue how this could be Tyson's fault. I mean don't they tell you if it's behind you you can't control it?

At any rate we'll see what happens, but this is stressful, and scary. I mean what if the car was parked and the kid ran into it, would they still be trying to sue? Ridiculous.

So I'm not really up on this blogger thing, and I know I miss a lot of posts that others make, and I'm sorry for that. As soon as things settle down hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

Well I'm off to enjoy a little more peace and quiet.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Of course, I am not licensed to advise on insurance in the state of NY and I know that liability can vary from state to state... but it's not like Tyson backed up into the kid! Is Tyson's insurance company providing legal support? Have they actually sued or are they just posturing to try to get the insurance company to pay out to the max of Tyson's liability? That happens frequently... they don't really want to go to court, because they know they'll lose... they're just hoping the insurance company will settle. And the insurance company will frequently settle because it's cheaper to pay out the maximum liability on the policy rather than have the expense of a court case. It's unfair but common. If it SHOULD go to court, remember that juries are less likely to be sympathetic to a skater kid who was skating where he shouldn't. I don't think you guys have anything to worry about!

Hope you enjoyed your evening to yourself!
*hugs*
heather

MizMags said...

There was actually a lot of soul searching in this entry. I think you are doing fabulously in all that you do, don't sell yourself short! I'm glad you are thinking about all these things and discovering things about yourself. Now that you've acknowledged them you give yourself lots of choices. Choice is a good thing :)
I hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful weekend. Keep believing in yourself and marching forward, you're worth it.
love yourself today, Eva!
love and hugs,
Maggie

MizMags said...

:peeking in: Love yourself, little sister! You're worth it. Believe!
love and hugs,
Maggie